Wednesday, July 17, 2013

two weeks to go

Site Meter Got back from Seattle last night. Worked today, but went in a little later. I'll catch up this weekend. Seattle was great, and I'm so happy Nick liked it as much as I do. It wasn't all good, though. The guy I got to be really good friends with last year? He made noise about seeing us and taking us on a tour of IslandWood and then totally stood us up. No call, no show. A perfunctory message on Facebook late Saturday night (Sunday being our LAST day in town) saying he was apartment hunting and had to pick up his girlfriend from the airport Sunday and sorry but hope the trip's going well. I went from shocked, to hurt, to mad. I wrote him back, saying that I understand being busy, but we'd had plans for months and the least he could've done was say something before we worked a good deal of our vacation around spending time with him. I sent that Sunday morning and have heard nothing. Thankfully, I've learned not to take people at their word when they make such offers. I booked a regular tour at IslandWood and we had a wonderful time. The docent was a retired environmental architect from Chicago, and he offered us a ride to the ferry terminal so we wouldn't have to walk or wait for the bus. I'll write more later. I really need to work on the readings for this paper.

No comments: